Michigan State University is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Due to its impact, the MSU Police Department has implemented the following changes and accommodations to facilitate the services we provide while protecting the health and safety of all.
- 24/7/365 Police response at all times.
- Non-criminal rolled ink fingerprinting service (FD-285) will be suspended until further notice.
- Preliminary Breath Testing service (PBT) will be suspended until further notice.
- “Ride along” requests are also on hold until further notice.
- Scheduled community programs have been postponed; requests for community programs will be suspended until a later date.
- The Parking Office is closed for walk-in service, however, impounded vehicles will still be released upon payment.
- Parking Office services are available via telephone or online
- Please call 517-355-8440
- Operators answer phones Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm, excluding university holidays.
- Parking violation payments:
- May only be submitted online
- Complimentary parking is available in the following parking areas through 8-27-21:
- Parking violation appeals may be submitted online
- Parking is NOT allowed 2am-6am in Lots 63, 100 or Ramp 6.
- All other lots and spaces on campus require a permit or payment by the hour as signed.
- You may pay a $5 flat rate to park in the pay by plate level of Ramp 1 (the Shaw ramp), or in lots 39, 62, 70, 79, or 112. You may not park from 2am-6am in any of these flat rate lots.
CATA Bus Services
CATA is operating at a modified level of bus service.
Please check the CATA website (https://cata.org) for the most up-to-date information.
Access Control Services
- Please follow the standard operating procedures collaborating with your building security lead contact.