Michigan State University is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Due to its impact, the MSU Police Department has implemented the following changes and accommodations to facilitate the services we provide while protecting the health and safety of all.
- 24/7/365 Police response at all times.
- Non-criminal rolled ink fingerprinting service (FD-285) will be suspended until further notice.
- Preliminary Breath Testing service (PBT) will be suspended until further notice.
- “Ride along” requests are also on hold until further notice.
- Scheduled community programs have been postponed; requests for community programs will be suspended until a later date.
- The Parking Office is closed for walk-in service, however, impounded vehicles will still be released upon payment.
- Parking Office services are available via telephone or online
- Please call 517-355-8440
- Operators answer phones Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm, excluding university holidays.
- Parking violation payments:
- May only be submitted online
- Complimentary parking is available in the following parking areas through 5-2-21:
- Parking violation appeals may submitted online
- Parking is NOT allowed 2am-6am in Lots 63, 100 or Ramp 6. The top floor of the ramps listed will be closed during spring semester 2021. They will not be plowed or salted during the winter so do not park on the top floor of any ramps on campus. All other lots and spaces on campus require a permit or payment by the hour as signed.
CATA Bus Services
CATA is operating at a modified level of bus service.
Please check the CATA website (https://cata.org) for the most up-to-date information.
Access Control Services
- Please follow the standard operating procedures collaborating with your building security lead contact.