Michigan State University is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Due to its impact, the MSU Police Department has implemented the following changes and accommodations to facilitate the services we provide while protecting the health and safety of all.
- 24/7/365 Police response at all times.
- Non-criminal rolled ink fingerprinting service (FD-285) will be suspended until further notice.
- Preliminary Breath Testing service (PBT) will be suspended until further notice.
- “Ride along” requests are also on hold until further notice.
- Scheduled community programs have been postponed; requests for community programs will be suspended until a later date.
- The Parking Office will be closed for walk-in service, however, impounded vehicles will still be released upon payment.
- Parking Office services will be available to the best extent possible via telephone
- Please call 517-355-8440
- Operators answer phones Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Parking violation payments:
- May only be submitted online
- Complimentary parking is available in the following parking areas:
- Complimentary parking in the “pay by plate” areas of:
- Parking violation appeals may only be submitted online
CATA Bus Services
Please check the CATA website (https://cata.org) for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular-route bus service is suspended.
- Customers in need of free curb-to-curb rides Monday, March 23, through Sunday, April 5, should call 517-999-2549 during the hours listed below:
- Call hours: 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Service hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Call hours: 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Service hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Call hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Service hours: 7 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Please request rides at least 30 minutes in advance of your pick-up time.
- Those needing a ride before 6 a.m. weekdays should reserve their ride the day before.
Access Control Services
- Please follow the standard operating procedures collaborating with your building security lead contact.