Date Reported: 3-10-19
Date Occurred: Between 03-01-19 and 03-10-19.
Synopsis: As students returned from spring break on Saturday and Sunday nights, a total of six burglaries were discovered in Wilson Hall. All rooms were entered via an unlocked door to the room itself, or through the bathroom as a result of the suitemate’s unlocked door. Various items were stolen. These cases remain under investigation.
Suspect Description: No suspects at this time.
Vehicle: No vehicle description at this time.
Michigan State University Police Department encourages community members to reduce their chances of becoming a victim of burglary or theft by keeping the following safety tips in mind:
- Secure your residence, office, and vehicle by locking all doors and windows
- Never leave your property unattended in a public space
- Secure all valuables when possible
- Do not let strangers into residence halls or buildings that require secure access
- Be aware of the green light emergency phones as they are a direct line to assistance
- Report any suspicious activity to the police
If you have information about this incident, or any other crime on campus, please contact the Michigan State University Police Department at 517-355-2221, or 911 for emergencies/crimes in progress. If you would like to relay a non-emergency crime tip, you may do so by texting the word MSUPD, along with your message to 274637.