Date Reported: 02/09/19
Synopsis: Between 2/08/19 at 5pm and 02/09/19 at 8am, unknown suspect(s) broke into a MSU owned facility in the 5200 block of E. Jolly Rd. The suspect(s) took keys from the main office and stole a University owned vehicle.
Suspect Description: NONE
Vehicle: Ford F250 pickup, white in color. License plate number 003X954
Status: Under Investigation
Michigan State University Police Department encourages community members to reduce their chances of becoming a victim of burglary or theft by keeping the following safety tips in mind:
- Secure your residence, office, and vehicle by locking all doors and windows
- Never leave your property unattended in a public space
- Secure all valuables when possible
- Do not let strangers into residence halls or buildings that require secure access
- Be aware of the green light emergency phones as they are a direct line to assistance
- Report any suspicious activity to the police
If you have information about this incident, or any other crime on campus, please contact the Michigan State University Police Department at 517-355-2221, or 911 for emergencies/crimes in progress. If you would like to relay a non-emergency crime tip, you may do so by texting the word MSUPD, along with your message to 274637.